Microsoft Publisher Training Course – Overview
Duration: One Day
Microsoft Publisher is a powerful desktop publishing software application capable of producing greeting cards, certificates, newsletters, and other printed and electronic publications. Microsoft Publisher includes a large collection of templates that provide a great way to start a new publication. Microsoft Publisher offers a large selection of “building blocks” that can be dragged into your documents, helping to create page elements such as calendars, newsletter sidebars, and borders. With a user-friendly interface sharing common elements with other Microsoft Office applications, Publisher makes it easy to create and edit publications.
This course aims to enable delegates to:
- Perform basic tasks in the Microsoft Publisher interface.
- Add content to a publication.
- Format text and paragraphs in a publication.
- Manage text in a publication.
- Work with graphics in a publication.
- Prepare a publication for printing and sharing.
- Getting Started with Microsoft Publisher 2016
- Navigate the Interface
- Customize the Publisher Interface
- Create a Publication
- Choosing a template
- Selecting page sizes
- Setting margins
- Adding Content to a Publication
- Add Text to a Publication
- Add Pages and Picture Placeholders to a Publication
- Control the Display of Content in Text Boxes
- Apply Building Blocks to a Publication
- Formatting Text and Paragraphs in a Publication
- Format Text
- Format Paragraphs
- Apply Schemes
- Managing Text in a Publication
- Edit Text in a Publication
- Work with Tables
- Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Working with Graphics in a Publication
- Insert Graphics in a Publication
- Customize the Appearance of Pictures
- Preparing a Publication for Sharing and Printing
- Check the Design of a Publication
- Save a Publication in Different Formats
- Print a Publication
- Share a Publication
Publisher courses are scheduled by arrangement across Scotland.