On our Canva Graphics Training Course attendees will learn how to create beautiful designs for social media accounts, websites, printed brochures, flyers and other marketing material. Learn how to use Canva’s drag-and-drop features and utilise professional layouts to design consistently professional looking graphics. Canva has thousands of templates built in including ones specifically for Facebook and Twitter Posts, blog headers, flyers, business cards, posters, Instagram moments, email headers and much more.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for people who need to publish visually appealing content onto websites and social media platforms. It is aimed at standard office users and not at graphic design professionals.
Introduction to Canva
- Welcome to Canva!
- Logging In
- Navigating the Screen
- Get you setup with your Canva account
- Tour of your dashboard
- Learn about the different types of templates Canva has
- Learn how to use the pre-designed layouts, how to search for images, upload images, use grids, frames, and background colors
- Learn about Canva’s icons, illustrations, text features, lines, and charts
Fonts, Colors, and Images
- Type terminology; creating a font palette; typographic techniques
- Introduction to the color wheel; creating a color palette
- How to use grids; transparency; photo filters
Backgrounds, Layouts, and Shapes
- How to create beautiful backgrounds; using images as backgrounds
- White space; using transparency; presentation design
- How to use shapes in your design to create infographics or add visual interest
- Learn more advanced techniques
- Learn how to create a logo from scratch
- Learn how upload your own graphics, logos, images
- Learn how to organize your designs so it’s quick and easy to find them
- See where I go to purchase stock photography