SharePoint Site Administrator Training Course Overview
In this course, you will learn how to create, configure, and manage a SharePoint site collection so that your team or organization can collaborate effectively, manage the flow of digital information, automate business processes, and meet records management needs. Site collection administrators determine what features and options to make available in SharePoint, and how to configure those features to meet organizational and user needs. By properly implementing these features, users will be able to collaborate effectively, and organizations will save time and money through automation of business processes, fast and efficient retrieval of information, and effective records management.
Upon successful completion of this course, existing SharePoint site owners will be able to take on administrative responsibility for implementing and managing many site collection features. This includes basic site customization based on business requirements, as well as activation and configuration of site collection-level SharePoint features.
- Create and configure a site collection.
- Administer site quotas, auditing, and backup.
- Configure the top-level site, including tag clouds, RSS viewers, and document sets.
- Configure site collection metadata.
- Manage archiving and compliance features.
- Create and test a workflow.
- Configure search options.
This course is designed for existing Microsoft SharePoint site collection administrators who will create and manage a group of SharePoint sites, add features at the site collection level, manage workflows, and implement records management features.
To ensure your success, you will need to take the following course or have equivalent knowledge: Microsoft SharePoint : Site Owner
Creating and Configuring a Site Collection
- Create a Site Collection
- Set Quotas
- Configure Audit Options
- Back Up Your Site Collection
Configuring the Top-Level Site
- Add a Cloud Tag Webpart
- Add an RSS Feed to Your Site
- Enable Email Connectivity for a Library
- Create and Configure Document Sets
Configuring Site Collection Metadata
- Create a New Content Type
- Add Columns to Content Types
- Add a Custom Content Type to a List
Managing Archiving and Compliance
- Configure Site Polices
- Configure In-Place Records Management
- Configure Information Management Policies
- Configure Content Organizer Rules
Creating and Testing a Workflow
- Plan a Workflow
- Create and Publish a Workflow
- Test Your Workflow
- Configuring Search
- Configure Search Options
- Search for Content and Set Alerts