In May 2018, a new European Union (EU) privacy regulation goes into effect with broad reaching implications for organisations around the world. The regulation, called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), introduces new requirements on privacy, security, and compliance for organisations that offer goods and services to European Union (EU) residents.
The GDPR sets new standards for privacy and personal data
The GDPR applies more broadly than many people think. The law imposes new rules on companies, government agencies, non-profits, and other organisations that offer goods and services to people in EU or that collect and analyze data tied to EU residents — no matter where they are in the world.
GDPR is applicable to organisations of all sizes and all industries.
Steps to get started with GDPR compliance.
- Discover – Identify what personal data you have and where it resides
- Manage – Govern how personal data is used and accessed
- Protect – Establish security controls to prevent, detect, and respond to vulnerabilities & data breaches
- Report – Keep required documentation, manage data requests, and breach notifications
As a Microsoft partner, we can help
GDPR enforcement begins May 25, 2018. Is your organisation ready?
We have the skilled personnel, process knowledge, and Microsoft technology expertise to evaluate your GDPR readiness and help you on your path to become, and stay, compliant.
An ideal starting point is a detailed assessment of your GDPR readiness. We’ll work with you to evaluate your organisation’s privacy posture, uncover risks, provide expert guidance around the GDPR, and offer recommendations specific to your organisation.
Microsoft technology forms the basis of our GDPR solution
Process all in one place
Centralize processing in a single system, simplifying data management, governance, classification, and oversight.
Maximize your protections
Protect data with industry leading encryption and security technology that’s always up-to-date and assessed by experts.
Streamline your compliance
Utilize services that already comply with complex, internationally-recognized standards to more easily meet new requirements, such as facilitating the requests of data subjects.
We’ll work with you to uncover risk, and take action
Discover data across systems
- Discover and catalog data sources
- Increase visibility with auditing capabilities
- Identify where personal info resides across devices, apps, and platforms
Govern access and processing
- Enforce use policies and access controls across your systems
- Classify data for simplified compliance
- Respond to data requests and transparency requirements
Protect through the entire lifecycle
- Protect user credentials with risk-based conditional access
- Safeguard data with built-in encryption technologies
- Rapidly respond to intrusions with built-in controls to detect and respond to data breaches